The Mobile Chamber strives to provide quality programs that address the needs of our business community and invites high-caliber, experienced speakers to present relevant topics to inform and educate our small business members and stakeholders. Presentations should be in line with the Chamber’s vision and strategic goals and are intended to be educational opportunities for business growth and development. No infomercials.
Proposals are accepted and reviewed throughout the year by the Small Business Development (SBD) department staff and volunteers and selected as needed. Decisions are made on an ongoing basis as the needs of the small business community are identified. Events are scheduled at least 90 days out.
To be considered as a speaker the applicant must:
- Be a member in good standing with the Mobile Chamber
- Be an experienced trainer/facilitator and subject matter expert in the proposed topic
- Allow the Chamber to video record the presentation
- Be prepared to deliver a brief (5-10 minute) presentation to the SBD vice-president, director, and Chamber leadership if requested
Programs and events will be promoted via our standard methods of communication such as the Business View magazine, Business View Weekly electronic newsletter, online calendar of events, targeted broadcast emails, and social media. We encourage the presenters to promote through their communication channels. There is no compensation for conducting training seminars. However, the minimum value of the promotion is: The Business View Weekly electronic newsletter for the two weeks leading up to the event.
If you are willing to share your knowledge, expertise, and experiences with others and want to be considered as a speaker for the Chamber submit the application below.
While all proposals will be reviewed and considered, the following are topics with priority consideration:
- Business Ethics
- Business/Economic Trends
- Business Valuation
- Compensation and Benefits
- Decision Making
- Discipline and Termination
- Employment Law
- Insurance and Asset Protection
- Intellectual Property
- Internet and Social Media Marketing
- Leadership Skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Performance Appraisals/Evaluations
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Sales and Closing the Sale
- Social Media Marketing
- Strategic Alliances/Teaming Agreements
- Strategic Planning
- Take Your Company to the Next Level
- Tax Law
- Tax Strategies
- Technology – Efficient and Effective Use