Small businesses play a crucial role in the Mobile area community and economy and the Mobile Chamber is proud to recognize their accomplishments, successes and contributions throughout the year through our Small Business Awards programs. Ninety-four percent of Chamber members are considered small, having less than 100 employees, and are deserving of these prestigious awards.
Why should you apply for the small business awards?
First and foremost, your employees deserve it. Winning an award, or just being nominated, is motivating for your employees and validates their contributions to your company’s success. Awards serve as third party testimonials telling prospective customers or clients that your company is a good one with which to do business. Awards can provide high visibility by triggering media attention that would normally cost many dollars.
Tips for applying for awards:
- Tell your story. The people reading your application most likely don’t know you or your business.
- Explain the impact your company makes in the community and on the economy.
- Don’t make them read between the lines; tell them exactly what you want them to know.
- Give them something that grabs them and tells them why your company deserves to win the award.
- You can answer the questions with data and facts and repeat your marketing materials or website content, but your company’s story is more than that.
- Use relevant and interesting examples in your story, active and visual works.
- Be thorough but concise. You don’t want them to stop reading before they get to the end of your story.