The Mobile Area Chamber strives to provide quality programs that address the needs of our business community and invites high-caliber, experienced speakers to present relevant topics to inform and educate our small business members and stakeholders. Presentations should be in line with the Chamber’s vision and strategic goals and are intended to be educational opportunities for business growth and development. No infomercials.
Proposals are accepted and reviewed throughout the year by the Small Business Development (SBD) department staff and volunteers and selected as needed. Decisions are made on an ongoing basis as the needs of the small business community are identified. Events are scheduled at least 90 days out.
In order to be considered as a speaker the applicant must:
- Be a member in good standing with the Mobile Area Chamber
- Be an experienced trainer/facilitator and subject matter expert in proposed topic
- Be prepared to deliver a brief (5-10 minute) presentation to the SBD vice president, director and Chamber leadership if requested.
- Allow the Chamber to video record the presentation
- Allow the Chamber to post presentation or handouts on the Chamber’s members only section of the website (excluding proprietary or copyrighted material)
Programs and events will be promoted via our standard methods of communication such as the Business View magazine, Business View Weekly electronic newsletter, online calendar of events, targeted broadcast emails and social media. We encourage the presenters to promote through their communication channels. There is no compensation for conducting training seminars however the minimum value of promotion is:
The Business View magazine monthly calendar – value $265
The Business View Weekly electronic newsletter for the two weeks leading up to the event – value $90
If you are willing to share your knowledge, expertise and experiences with others and want to be considered as a speaker for the Chamber submit the application below.