Is your business or company doing what it takes to stop litter? Do you have extra trash cans, clean your parking lot, promote litter-free to your customers/patrons, engage in community-wide litter efforts? Are you worthy of the title – Litter-Free Leader?
This awards program will honor those businesses leading by example for putting a stop to litter. Applications will be submitted to the Mobile Chamber with a plan to announce a quarterly winner. On January 11, 2023 at the annual State of the City and County event hosted by the Mobile Chamber, the first annual Litter-Free Leader of the Year will be announced.
Litter-Free Leader of the Quarter Criteria:
- Place of business is litter-free;
- Considered a litter-leader by peers and customers;
- Public service contribution by employees:
- Hosting or participating in clean-up event(s);
- Leading on litter by the company:
- Adding trash cans to business parking lot and through signage/advertising;
- Must be a privately-owned, for-profit company (locally-owned franchise companies are eligible); and
- Headquartered in Mobile, Baldwin or Washington Counties.
Quarterly Winners will receive the following:
- Featured article about its efforts in the Mobile Chamber’s Business View magazine;
- Receive the award at a Mobile Chamber’s Board of Directors meeting;
- Featured on the Mobile Chamber lobby monitors;
- Promoted on the Mobile Chamber’s social media channels;
- Featured on the Mobile Chamber’s Small Business website landing page banner for one quarter;
- Eligible to be named the Litter-Free Leader of the Year; and
- All leaders will be featured in the Mayor’s nightly newsletter, the City of Mobile social media channels, etc.
Application Process – Litter-Free Leader:
Complete and submit the online form below for your own company or as a nomination. The application will remain on file for 12 months. If you have not been selected, you are encouraged to reapply. Past Litter-Free Leaders may reapply after one year and annual winners after two years.