Is your business or company doing everything it takes to stop litter? Do you have extra trash cans, clean your parking lot, promote litter-free to your customers/patrons, engage in community-wide litter efforts? Are you worthy of the title – Litter-Free Leader?
This awards program will honor those leading through putting a stop to litter. Applications will be submitted to the Chamber with a plan to announce a quarterly winner starting in July. On January 11, 2023 at the annual State of the City and County event hosted by the Mobile Chamber, the first annual Litter-Free Leader of the Year will be announced.
Litter-Free Leader of the Quarter Criteria:
- Place of business is litter-free
- Considered a litter-leader by peers and customers
- Public service contribution by employees
- Hosting or participating in clean-up event(s)
- Leading on litter by the company
- Add trash cans to business parking lot,
- Must be a privately-owned, for-profit company (locally-owned franchise companies are eligible)
- Headquartered in Mobile, Baldwin or Washington Counties
Quarterly Winners will receive the following:
- Featured in the Chamber’s Business View magazine
- Receive the award at the Chamber’s Board of Directors meeting
- Featured on the Chamber lobby monitors
- Promoted on the Chamber’s social media channels
- Featured on the Chamber’s Small Business website landing page banner for one quarter
- Eligible to be named the Litter-Free Leader of the Year
- All Leaders are featured in the Mayor’s nightly newsletter, the City of Mobile social media channels, etc.
Application Process – Litter-Free Leader:
Complete and submit the online form below for your own company or as a nomination. The application will remain on file for 12 months. If you have not been selected, you are encouraged to reapply. Past Litter-Free Leaders may reapply after one year and annual winners after two years.