Litter-Free Leader Award
Is your business or company doing what it takes to stop litter? Do you have extra trash cans, clean your parking lot, promote litter-free to your customers/patrons, and engage in community-wide litter efforts? Are you worthy of the title – Litter-Free Leader?
This awards program will honor those businesses leading by example for putting a stop to litter. Applications will be submitted to the Mobile Chamber with a plan to announce a quarterly winner. On January 11, 2023, at the annual State of the City and County event hosted by the Mobile Chamber, the first annual Litter-Free Leader of the Year will be announced.
- Place of business is litter-free;
- Considered a litter-leader by peers and customers;
- Public service contribution by employees:
- Hosting or participating in clean-up event(s);
- Leading on litter by the company:
- Adding trash cans to the business parking lot and through signage/advertising;
- Must be a privately-owned, for-profit company (locally-owned franchise companies are eligible); and
- Headquartered in Mobile, Baldwin, or Washington Counties.
Quarterly winners will receive the following:
- Featured article about its efforts in the Mobile Chamber’s Business View magazine;
- Receive the award at a Mobile Chamber’s Board of Directors meeting;
- Featured on the Mobile Chamber lobby monitors;
- Promoted on the Mobile Chamber’s social media channels;
- Featured on the Mobile Chamber’s Small Business website landing page banner for one quarter;
- Eligible to be named the Litter-Free Leader of the Year; and
- All leaders will be featured in the Mayor’s nightly newsletter, the City of Mobile social media channels, etc.
Complete and submit the online form below for your own company or as a nomination. The application will remain on file for 12 months. If you have not been selected, you are encouraged to reapply. Past Litter-Free Leaders may reapply after one year and annual winners after two years.