Mobile Area Chamber is a member-driven, nonprofit organization with more than 2,200 members, representing more than 108,000 employees.
As the Mobile area’s progressive business advocate, we serve as a:
- Catalyst for economic development;
- Partner in developing the area’s future workforce;
- Resource for business owners starting, managing and growing their businesses;
- Voice for local, state, regional and national business-friendly legislation and government practices and;
- Collaborator in improving the area’s quality of life.
Organized in 1836, the Mobile Area Chamber is one of the nation’s oldest. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors awarded the Mobile Area Chamber a five-star rating, the highest given, for the third consecutive five-year period.
Of the 6,936 Chambers in the U.S., only 301 are accredited, and of those only 44 have achieved a five-star distinction.
Accreditation recognizes those Chamber that have defined, reached and maintained defined operational performance standards and have significantly contributed to the good of their community, region state and country. The Chamber has been accredited since the designation’s inception more than 40 years ago.
Learn about our meeting rooms available to our members. Click here for a rate sheet.