The Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce serves as the lead economic development engine for the City of Mobile and Mobile County. The region’s continuous economic development success can be contributed to the collaborative efforts of Team Mobile. This diverse team includes the City of Mobile, Mobile County, the Alabama Department of Commerce, Alabama State Port Authority, Mobile Airport Authority, and local utility and educational entities. It provides ready access to the resources and agencies that help economic development projects succeed.
A few of Mobile’s key assets include:
- Five Class I railroads and Interstates 10 and 65 lead to major U.S. markets
- Mobile Downtown Airport (general aviation) and Mobile Regional Airport (commercial)
- The 9th largest port by tonnage in the U.S.
- Skilled workforce in a right-to-work state
- AIDT – national leader in training and workforce development programs
- Strong foreign investment presence, including more than 40 companies representing more than 20 countries
- 1,650 acre (667 ha) center for aviation and logistics – Mobile Aeroplex at Brookley
- Established clusters in key industries: aviation/aerospace, chemical, shipbuilding, and steel manufacturing
- 1.2 million people with a median age of 37 living within 60 miles
- Low cost of living and doing business
Vice President, Economic Development
Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce