Chamber Recognizes Companies Adding Jobs and/or Capital Here
On Monday, the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce, held a reception to recognize companies who, over the last 18 months, have invested in their current facilities, created new jobs and/or announced their intent to come to Mobile. The Chamber’s Partners for Growth (PFG) effort, funded by private sector business and industry, the City of Mobile and Mobile County, is the platform used for industry recruiting.
The following list of companies includes existing PFG investor companies that responded to our survey for expansion information.
Companies recognized were:
- AAA Aerospace, an on-site manufacturing company offering subcontracting services on aircrafts or aircraft elements is opening here.
- Airbus Defense and Space Military Aircraft – The west Mobile operation added 11 new jobs and invested $1 million in capital.
- AKKA Technologies is a French engineering and technology company locating in Mobile.
- AltaPointe Health Systems added 158 new jobs and invested $6.3 million in capital. They currently employ 1,327 people.
- AM/NS Calvert added 22 positions, and is investing $160 million in capital. They currently employ 1,600.
- APM Terminals announced 81 new positions, and $77 million in capital investment.
- Arkema announced 25 new jobs and $60 million in capital investment. The company currently employs 105 individuals.
- ATT Metrology Services, a provider of onsite precision measurement services using state of the art metrology equipment and software.
- Austal added 531 new jobs, for a total of 4,464 employees, and invested $25 million in capital.
- Bayer Crop Science located in Theodore and will bring 20 new jobs and a $200 million dollar capital investment.
- BBVA Compass invested $1 million in capital and currently has 132 employees.
- Berg Spiral Pipe added 145 positions, bringing their employee count to 284, and invested $5 million in capital.
- Blastech announced an expansion of 76 jobs, more than doubling its workforce, and a $4.5 million dollar capital investment.
- Burton Property Group has invested $51.3 million in retail redevelopment in the past 18 months.
- C Spire added 39 employees and invested $40 million in capital.
- Crow Shields Bailey added 8 employees and invested $375,000 in capital.
- DuPont Crop Protection announced 6 new jobs and an $11 million dollar capital investment.
- Evonik added 70 new jobs and $160 million in capital investment. The company currently employs 780 people.
- Franklin Primary Health Center added 33 employees and invested $1.5 million in capital.
- Goodwyn Mills and Cawood added 6 employees.
- Hutchinson Corporation will create 100 jobs here. The first $2 million dollar phase of their center of excellence involves the creation of a Federal Aviation Administration 145 Repair Center support the Airbus U.S. Manufacturing Facility.
- Inter-Informatics, a Czech company and leading provider of engineering design services for aerospace and other sectors has located here.
- MAAS Aviation, an Ireland-based company, is building a $13 million dollar paint shop hangar and a $39 million dollar twin-bay paint facility to serve the commercial maintenance, repair and overhaul market in the Americas. Together, these investments will result in 114 jobs.
- Messier-Bugatti-Dowty, a Safran company, is a global leader in aircraft landing and braking systems, and has landed at the Aeroplex.
- NAI Mobile, added 5 jobs, and invested $2.3 million in capital.
- REEL USA is establishing its first U.S. facility, a 4,500 square foot office, warehouse and workshop, here. The company will bring 20 jobs, and provide jigs and tools maintenance service for Airbus.
- Sonovision, a leading provider of engineering, technical documentation and technical translation services is now in Mobile.
- Southern Light added 20 jobs and invested $15.8 million in capital.
- SSAB added 35 new jobs and invested $57.7 million in capital. The company currently employs 644 people.
- Star Aviation, an established aerospace company here specializing in aircraft modifications within avionics, engineering, electrical design and data systems, announced 50 jobs and $2.4 million in capital investment.
- Stirling Properties established a presence in the Mobile market last year and has created 8 new jobs.
- Tate & Lyle announced 10 new jobs and $25 million in capital investment.
- Vartan Product Support, interior cabin specialists, will open a 3,300-square-foot facility at the Aeroplex in October.